Baby Photo Contest in 2015: Since you probably enjoy showing off all of the adorable pictures of your little one, you might have thought about entering one of the many cute baby contests that are out there. Although there can certainly be a lot of competition when you enter one of these contests, they can also be a lot of fun and can be a great way to show off your little one and your photography skills at the same time while also scoring some great prizes.
The Two Types of Baby Photo Contests – Click here and Submit your Baby!
If you think that all baby photo contests are pretty much the same, you should know that there are actually two different types of contents that you can enter.
The first type of contest focuses on how cute your baby is. These contests are great if you want to show off your beautiful little one or if you would like to get your child involved in modeling some time in the future. In some cases, the prize for these contests can include the opportunity to meet with a talent scout or agent, which can help you start your baby’s modeling career.
The second type of baby photo contest is a contest that compares the photography skills of the different people who enter the contest. This is a good type of contest to enter if you are a really good photographer who wants to show off your skills to the world. Many of these contests are judged by real, professional and experienced photographers who will critique your work and might even give you a few tips on how to take even better baby pictures.
Tips for Entering a new Baby Photo Contest for the First Time
- Make sure that you go over the entry rules and regulations several times. In these rules, you can find out about certain things that might disqualify you, such as the age of your baby. You should also check to see if you are allowed to use photo editing software before you actually use it.
- When taking your baby photo contest picture, make sure that your baby is actually the focus of the picture. Don’t let other things steal the spotlight from your little one.
- Tweak the lighting. Lighting means everything when it comes to any type of photography, even baby pictures, so make sure that the lighting is flattering and makes for a good photo.
- Make sure that the picture actually means something. For the best baby photos, you will want your picture to actually tell some sort of story about your little one without a caption actually being needed.
- Choose the right background for your baby picture. Having the right background can make the difference between a perfect baby picture and a not-so-perfect one.
- Make sure that you pick only the best picture. It can be easy for you to want to submit every single picture of your little one simply because you think he or she is beautiful, but you should know that the people who will be judging the baby photo contest might not feel the same way and might not be particularly partial to any of the pictures that you send. This means that you need to take your time to choose the perfect picture.
- Ask for extra opinions. It might be hard for you to look at pictures of your own beautiful baby and your own work objectively, so consider asking for second opinions by someone who might feel a little more neutrally about the situation. It’s also a good idea to ask someone who has a bit of experience in photography to take a look at the shot.
If you follow these tips, you can really enjoy competing in a baby photo contest, and you just might win. Even if you don’t, however, try not to let it get you down; instead, try working to take an even better picture so that you can compete — and possibly win — next time around.